best cheap headphones?

Home Forums best cheap headphones?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Morris 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

I have been into video editing for awhile, it wa snothing professional of even close to good. It was more or less for my personal collection. But now I have an Canon HF R100 HD camcorder with external mic and headphone jack. My problem is headsets, I wont a good heaset that I can use for audio monitoring through the Camcorder. I dont have a lot of money and looking for a cheap but decent set. If you have any ideas let me know.

Rosa

Sony has a pair of noise canceling headphones for $50 at Most effective Buy – I’ve had these for years and they are excellent for on camera monitoring as nicely as plugged in to my Computer for editing. I did obtain a set of the Bose ear buds for my wife for $one hundred and she says they’re wonderful.

Wayne

I thank all of you for the fantastic assist on this challenge. I have decided to g with Sony’s MDR-V150 simply because $20 isnt poor for a decent pair of headsets. I would go $50 for a set but have other props etc to finance for my film even with creating some its having expensive. Grinner I would do the similar but cant stand them factors, dont know why either. Once again thank you for all of your support absolutely everyone.

Luann

I just use a single small ear bud.

Millicent

The Sony headphones are cheap (BestBuy $25-$50) and effectively worth it. We have four-five pairs of them lying around and they look to tolerate all sorts of abuse and stay functional.

Adam

Thank you also for the sound suggestions.So no head set with bass enhance for in the field or for editing.

Debora

thanks for the details I actually appreciate it. Been getting issues obtaining anything valuable on google about it. I do want to apologize for my terrible spelling on my initial post it was late and I was finding tired.

Craig

One thing- monitoring a shoot with noise canceling cans can result in some surprises back in the editing bay… I did it once and didn’t notice the buzz in the footage until it was too late.

Philip

I have some Skullcandy brand headphones that I wouldn’t part with. I got them for Christmas with a Best Buy gift card. They cost $32 and offer great sounds. They’re not noise cancelling and then don’t completely cover the ear. Go to Best Buy and try out all their headphones.

Morris

for monitoring audio while shooting video a noise-cancelling set of earphones would be an asset, as birdcat encouraged. I’ve haven’t utilised noise-cancelling ones but, myself. An additional alternative for monitoring audio although shooting is an more than the ear set which physically cover the ear, this aids to filter out extraneous noise and helps you monitor the audio that you are recording. Very best Purchase hasSony MDR 570 LP for $25. Any set of phones that you are going to use for monitoring audio, regardless of whether while recording in the field or whilst editing on your computer, should have as ‘flat’ a response as feasible. This indicates that they do not boost bass or otherwiseaugment any frequency that you hear. this way what you are hearingis closeto what you are recording.For monitoring audio while editing, I use either Sony MDR-V150 (on the ear, wide frequency range, extended cord, $20-Most effective Buy) or Koss K240 (more than the ear studio monitor, wide frequency,600 ohm model, paid $2.50 at flea market!). I would recommend going to a store and attempting before you buy. Listen for frequency range (organic higher, middle and low variety) and eliminating background sounds (if utilizing for field recording). Good shooting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.